Bowls club offers free taster sessions
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth residents should be prepared to be bowled over by free taster sessions of the game this month.
On Sunday, April 21, Sidmouth Bowls Club is opening its doors to newcomers and trying to attract new members to what it calls ‘the sport for life’.
A spokesman for the club said it can be played by people of any age, ability or sex, making it the perfect sport for anyone to play from early life until advanced old age, providing good gentle exercise for both body and mind.
As well as exercise, they said there are social benefits to joining the club, with many members forming strong friendships as a result of playing the game.
They hold in-house and area competitions, as well as matches against other clubs, but also friendly, social ‘roll-ups’ suitable for all levels of skill and experience.
You may also want to watch:
The open day takes place from 2pm to 5pm at the club’s venue in Coburg Terrace, with equipment provided and sessions run by coaches. For more information, contact Gordon Blood on 01395 519400.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98