Bowls club offers free taster sessions
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth residents should be prepared to be bowled over by free taster sessions of the game this month.
On Sunday, April 21, Sidmouth Bowls Club is opening its doors to newcomers and trying to attract new members to what it calls ‘the sport for life’.
A spokesman for the club said it can be played by people of any age, ability or sex, making it the perfect sport for anyone to play from early life until advanced old age, providing good gentle exercise for both body and mind.
As well as exercise, they said there are social benefits to joining the club, with many members forming strong friendships as a result of playing the game.
They hold in-house and area competitions, as well as matches against other clubs, but also friendly, social ‘roll-ups’ suitable for all levels of skill and experience.
You may also want to watch:
The open day takes place from 2pm to 5pm at the club’s venue in Coburg Terrace, with equipment provided and sessions run by coaches. For more information, contact Gordon Blood on 01395 519400.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out