Bowls club offers free taster sessions
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth residents should be prepared to be bowled over by free taster sessions of the game this month.
On Sunday, April 21, Sidmouth Bowls Club is opening its doors to newcomers and trying to attract new members to what it calls ‘the sport for life’.
A spokesman for the club said it can be played by people of any age, ability or sex, making it the perfect sport for anyone to play from early life until advanced old age, providing good gentle exercise for both body and mind.
As well as exercise, they said there are social benefits to joining the club, with many members forming strong friendships as a result of playing the game.
They hold in-house and area competitions, as well as matches against other clubs, but also friendly, social ‘roll-ups’ suitable for all levels of skill and experience.
You may also want to watch:
The open day takes place from 2pm to 5pm at the club’s venue in Coburg Terrace, with equipment provided and sessions run by coaches. For more information, contact Gordon Blood on 01395 519400.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall