Branscombe affordable housing-form plea
BRANSCOMBE residents are being urged to fill in housing needs forms which are being delivered to every household in the village. Once all of the forms have been collected and examined it can be decided how great the need is for more housing. The last hous
BRANSCOMBE residents are being urged to fill in housing needs forms which are being delivered to every household in the village.
Once all of the forms have been collected and examined it can be decided how great the need is for more housing.
The last housing needs survey was conducted three years ago and in order for affordable housing organisations to pursue any plans this new survey must first be completed.
District councillor Mike Green said: "Even people living outside of Branscombe should respond if they spent their childhood in Branscombe, but were forced out by property prices."
You may also want to watch:
People who live in cascading parishes such as Beer, Southleigh and Salcombe Regis are also being urged to respond as they too would be eligible, as second priority.
Members Branscombe Parish Council will be delivering the forms this week.
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 5 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 7 Archbishop of Canterbury to join Patteson celebrations
- 8 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 9 Too much clutter on our pavements just a sign of the times
- 10 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay
Anyone who does not receive a form should ring council clerk Chetna Jones on (01297) 680337.