Branscombe affordable housing-form plea
BRANSCOMBE residents are being urged to fill in housing needs forms which are being delivered to every household in the village. Once all of the forms have been collected and examined it can be decided how great the need is for more housing. The last hous
BRANSCOMBE residents are being urged to fill in housing needs forms which are being delivered to every household in the village.
Once all of the forms have been collected and examined it can be decided how great the need is for more housing.
The last housing needs survey was conducted three years ago and in order for affordable housing organisations to pursue any plans this new survey must first be completed.
District councillor Mike Green said: "Even people living outside of Branscombe should respond if they spent their childhood in Branscombe, but were forced out by property prices."
People who live in cascading parishes such as Beer, Southleigh and Salcombe Regis are also being urged to respond as they too would be eligible, as second priority.
Members Branscombe Parish Council will be delivering the forms this week.
- 1 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 2 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 3 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 4 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 5 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 6 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum
- 7 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 8 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 9 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
- 10 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
Anyone who does not receive a form should ring council clerk Chetna Jones on (01297) 680337.