Branscombe affordable housing-form plea
BRANSCOMBE residents are being urged to fill in housing needs forms which are being delivered to every household in the village. Once all of the forms have been collected and examined it can be decided how great the need is for more housing. The last hous
BRANSCOMBE residents are being urged to fill in housing needs forms which are being delivered to every household in the village.
Once all of the forms have been collected and examined it can be decided how great the need is for more housing.
The last housing needs survey was conducted three years ago and in order for affordable housing organisations to pursue any plans this new survey must first be completed.
District councillor Mike Green said: "Even people living outside of Branscombe should respond if they spent their childhood in Branscombe, but were forced out by property prices."
You may also want to watch:
People who live in cascading parishes such as Beer, Southleigh and Salcombe Regis are also being urged to respond as they too would be eligible, as second priority.
Members Branscombe Parish Council will be delivering the forms this week.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Anyone who does not receive a form should ring council clerk Chetna Jones on (01297) 680337.