Branscombe Church appeals for secondhand books and more news
To raise money for St Winifred’s Church in Branscombe books are needed for the secondhand bookstall. Read this and more.
CONCERT: The Friends’ of St Winifred’s Church concert last month featuring Sidmouth Town Band raised more than �500 for the church funds, and organisers Mike and Ralph wanted to thank all those who helped out.
BOOKS WANTED: To raise money for St Winifred’s Church in Branscombe books are needed for the secondhand bookstall. Many local people as well as visitors purchase the books which provide vital church funds. If you have any books you can leave them at the back of the church or at Norman and Jean Brimson’s house at Cott Mead.
You may also want to watch:
SERVICE: A special service for Advent Sunday will be held on November 27 at St Winifred’s Church 6pm. There will be extensive use of candles as a reminder of how Christians belief in moving from darkness to light. The service will be led by the Vicar and by Nigel Freathy, with the choir singing some Advent music.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
THANK YOU: The organisers of last month’s coffee morning in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support in Branscombe wanted to thank all who attended and helped raise �455 as part of the ‘World’s Largest Coffee Morning’.