Branscombe Church appeals for secondhand books and more news
To raise money for St Winifred’s Church in Branscombe books are needed for the secondhand bookstall. Read this and more.
CONCERT: The Friends’ of St Winifred’s Church concert last month featuring Sidmouth Town Band raised more than �500 for the church funds, and organisers Mike and Ralph wanted to thank all those who helped out.
BOOKS WANTED: To raise money for St Winifred’s Church in Branscombe books are needed for the secondhand bookstall. Many local people as well as visitors purchase the books which provide vital church funds. If you have any books you can leave them at the back of the church or at Norman and Jean Brimson’s house at Cott Mead.
You may also want to watch:
SERVICE: A special service for Advent Sunday will be held on November 27 at St Winifred’s Church 6pm. There will be extensive use of candles as a reminder of how Christians belief in moving from darkness to light. The service will be led by the Vicar and by Nigel Freathy, with the choir singing some Advent music.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
THANK YOU: The organisers of last month’s coffee morning in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support in Branscombe wanted to thank all who attended and helped raise �455 as part of the ‘World’s Largest Coffee Morning’.