Branscombe Church calls for working party and more local news
Working party to help at Branscombe Church. Read this and more.
CONCERT: To raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support and BBC Radio Devon Air Ambulance Appeal professional singer Emily Miller is putting on a night of songs from years gone by at the Mariners Hall on November 18 at 7.30pm. Tickets cost �12.50 from Beer Village Store.
ART: Budleigh artist Michael Ahearne will be displaying original oil and acrylic paintings and limited edition prints in ‘The Station Halt Gallery’ at Pecorama in Beer until Thursday from 10.30am to 4.30pm daily. Entry to the Pecorama Gardens is also now free until Saturday, October 22.
You may also want to watch:
FIREWORKS: The ‘Youth of Branscombe’ group would like to invite everyone to a fireworks night on Saturday, November 5, at the village hall. The bonfire night festivities will begin at 6.30pm and finish around 8pm with refreshments, tombola, raffle and lots more. The ‘YOBs’, as they are known, would be very grateful for donations of wood in the week prior to the event, contact Hazel on 01297 680418 or Paul on 01297 680710.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
WALK: The Beer and District RNLI’s next fundraiser will be the group’s ‘Annual Sponsored Walk’ on Sunday, October 23. Further information will be available nearer the event, but call (01297) 23040 for a walk form or a branch information letter. The RNLI are also seeking additional volunteers to assist its sales crew with the sale of RNLI gifts and souvenirs and fundraising at events throughout the area.
VOLUNTEERING: A working party of willing volunteers is requested to convene in the churchyard at Branscombe on October 15 from 10am. Everyone is welcome. One of the jobs is to clear out the gullies around the church.