Branscombe church to get loo facility
Branscombe church toilet fundraisers flushed with success after securing money needed for its installation
BRANSCOMBE’S St Winifred’s Church could soon have a new facility.
The church council has decided to press ahead with the building of a toilet at the parish church.
The Reverend Nigel Freathy, said: “All the money is raised for the toilet and a builder has been lined up to start, but we are just waiting for approval from the Diocesan chancellor, who needs to be convinced that all the heritage bodies are happy with what is being proposed.”
The Friends of St Winifred’s agreed to make a substantial donation towards the toilet fund to enable work to start as soon as that permission is granted.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Freathy said the church council was grateful to the Friends for its support and to all who had contributed to the other �13,000 raised locally.
The sale of cream teas at Edge Barton last month was the last fund-raising event for the toilet fund.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 5 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases