Branscombe church to get loo facility
Branscombe church toilet fundraisers flushed with success after securing money needed for its installation
BRANSCOMBE’S St Winifred’s Church could soon have a new facility.
The church council has decided to press ahead with the building of a toilet at the parish church.
The Reverend Nigel Freathy, said: “All the money is raised for the toilet and a builder has been lined up to start, but we are just waiting for approval from the Diocesan chancellor, who needs to be convinced that all the heritage bodies are happy with what is being proposed.”
The Friends of St Winifred’s agreed to make a substantial donation towards the toilet fund to enable work to start as soon as that permission is granted.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Freathy said the church council was grateful to the Friends for its support and to all who had contributed to the other �13,000 raised locally.
The sale of cream teas at Edge Barton last month was the last fund-raising event for the toilet fund.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music