Branscombe exhibit charity hope
THE popular bi-annual Branscombe Art exhibition is hugely successful not only as a means for local artists to exhibit and sell their work, but also in raising money for local charities. It enjoys a reputation as a showcase for attractive works of art at
THE popular bi-annual Branscombe Art exhibition is hugely successful not only as a means for local artists to exhibit and sell their work, but also in raising money for local charities.
It enjoys a reputation as a showcase for attractive works of art at affordable prices and is well patronised by visitors and local people alike.
The works of art for sale include many paintings and drawings together with pottery and craft.
New for 2009 is the inclusion of 'secondhand' original paintings giving anyone the opportunity not only to realise a little cash from unwanted art, but also to help raise money for local charity.
You may also want to watch:
This year 'Living with Cancer' based in Sidmouth will receive the major part of the funds raised.
Other local charities and organisations will also receive donations. The 2007 exhibition raised over �1500 for distribution, and the organisers hope to exceed this target in 2009.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
Closing date for registering entries for sale in all categories is now March 16th.
The exhibit will take place in Branscombe Village Hall from 11am-6pm on Good Friday 10th April to Easter Sunday Monday 13th April 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Contact Graham and Hilary Walford-Howell on (01297) 680 273 for more information.