Branscombe exhibit charity hope
THE popular bi-annual Branscombe Art exhibition is hugely successful not only as a means for local artists to exhibit and sell their work, but also in raising money for local charities. It enjoys a reputation as a showcase for attractive works of art at
THE popular bi-annual Branscombe Art exhibition is hugely successful not only as a means for local artists to exhibit and sell their work, but also in raising money for local charities.
It enjoys a reputation as a showcase for attractive works of art at affordable prices and is well patronised by visitors and local people alike.
The works of art for sale include many paintings and drawings together with pottery and craft.
New for 2009 is the inclusion of 'secondhand' original paintings giving anyone the opportunity not only to realise a little cash from unwanted art, but also to help raise money for local charity.
This year 'Living with Cancer' based in Sidmouth will receive the major part of the funds raised.
Other local charities and organisations will also receive donations. The 2007 exhibition raised over �1500 for distribution, and the organisers hope to exceed this target in 2009.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 3 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 7 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 8 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
Closing date for registering entries for sale in all categories is now March 16th.
The exhibit will take place in Branscombe Village Hall from 11am-6pm on Good Friday 10th April to Easter Sunday Monday 13th April 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Contact Graham and Hilary Walford-Howell on (01297) 680 273 for more information.