Branscombe exhibit charity hope
THE popular bi-annual Branscombe Art exhibition is hugely successful not only as a means for local artists to exhibit and sell their work, but also in raising money for local charities. It enjoys a reputation as a showcase for attractive works of art at
THE popular bi-annual Branscombe Art exhibition is hugely successful not only as a means for local artists to exhibit and sell their work, but also in raising money for local charities.
It enjoys a reputation as a showcase for attractive works of art at affordable prices and is well patronised by visitors and local people alike.
The works of art for sale include many paintings and drawings together with pottery and craft.
New for 2009 is the inclusion of 'secondhand' original paintings giving anyone the opportunity not only to realise a little cash from unwanted art, but also to help raise money for local charity.
You may also want to watch:
This year 'Living with Cancer' based in Sidmouth will receive the major part of the funds raised.
Other local charities and organisations will also receive donations. The 2007 exhibition raised over �1500 for distribution, and the organisers hope to exceed this target in 2009.
- 1 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 2 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 6 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 9 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
- 10 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
Closing date for registering entries for sale in all categories is now March 16th.
The exhibit will take place in Branscombe Village Hall from 11am-6pm on Good Friday 10th April to Easter Sunday Monday 13th April 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Contact Graham and Hilary Walford-Howell on (01297) 680 273 for more information.