Branscombe exhibit charity hope
THE popular bi-annual Branscombe Art exhibition is hugely successful not only as a means for local artists to exhibit and sell their work, but also in raising money for local charities. It enjoys a reputation as a showcase for attractive works of art at
THE popular bi-annual Branscombe Art exhibition is hugely successful not only as a means for local artists to exhibit and sell their work, but also in raising money for local charities.
It enjoys a reputation as a showcase for attractive works of art at affordable prices and is well patronised by visitors and local people alike.
The works of art for sale include many paintings and drawings together with pottery and craft.
New for 2009 is the inclusion of 'secondhand' original paintings giving anyone the opportunity not only to realise a little cash from unwanted art, but also to help raise money for local charity.
This year 'Living with Cancer' based in Sidmouth will receive the major part of the funds raised.
Other local charities and organisations will also receive donations. The 2007 exhibition raised over �1500 for distribution, and the organisers hope to exceed this target in 2009.
- 1 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 2 Ceremony launches installation of defibrillator at Ottery Cricket Club
- 3 Property of the Week: Overthorpe, Cliff Road, Sidmouth
- 4 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Harlan's a winner after completing reading challenge
- 7 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 8 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 9 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 10 Preparations underway for Salcombe Regis Fair while car parking remains a hot topic
Closing date for registering entries for sale in all categories is now March 16th.
The exhibit will take place in Branscombe Village Hall from 11am-6pm on Good Friday 10th April to Easter Sunday Monday 13th April 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Contact Graham and Hilary Walford-Howell on (01297) 680 273 for more information.