Branscombe fashion show raises �1.7k for charity
A FANTASTIC �1,700 was raised by Branscombe WI at a fashion show held in the village last month. The group started holding fashion shows in Branscombe Village Hall some six years ago but because of ongoing renovations, its members took up the generous off
A FANTASTIC �1,700 was raised by Branscombe WI at a fashion show held in the village last month.
The group started holding fashion shows in Branscombe Village Hall some six years ago but because of ongoing renovations, its members took up the generous offer of June and Silvan Robinson to hold this year's event at Edge Barton Manor.
The show was organised by Kate Norbury, Vivian Diston, Sheila Wilcox,
Pat Crowe and Ann Haines.
You may also want to watch:
They were assisted by extra models Mary Wilcox, Liz Mortimer-Richards and Teresa Wilmington. As independents they were able to raise money for outside charities and chose Sidmouth Hospice and Honeylands Childrens Centre in Exeter.
The guests sat in the sunshine with glasses of Pimms and the 'shop til you drop' attitude certainly took over!
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 3 Sidmouth defeat Boringdon in national competition
- 4 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 5 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 New youth project will help young people's voices to be heard
- 8 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 9 Communities encouraged to apply for rural building funds
- 10 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
Kate Norbury said: "We are indebted to so many people- those who so generously gave their clothes and there were many designer originals and those who came to buy them. This year a really big thank you is due to the Robinsons for the wonderful venue and facilities of Edge Barton Manor."
There was such a great collection of clothes donated that not all could be sold on the night so the group has organised a 'Remainder Sale' on Thursday, October 15 from 3pm to 6pm in Branscombe Village Hall.