Branscombe fashion show raises �1.7k for charity
A FANTASTIC �1,700 was raised by Branscombe WI at a fashion show held in the village last month. The group started holding fashion shows in Branscombe Village Hall some six years ago but because of ongoing renovations, its members took up the generous off
A FANTASTIC �1,700 was raised by Branscombe WI at a fashion show held in the village last month.
The group started holding fashion shows in Branscombe Village Hall some six years ago but because of ongoing renovations, its members took up the generous offer of June and Silvan Robinson to hold this year's event at Edge Barton Manor.
The show was organised by Kate Norbury, Vivian Diston, Sheila Wilcox,
Pat Crowe and Ann Haines.
They were assisted by extra models Mary Wilcox, Liz Mortimer-Richards and Teresa Wilmington. As independents they were able to raise money for outside charities and chose Sidmouth Hospice and Honeylands Childrens Centre in Exeter.
The guests sat in the sunshine with glasses of Pimms and the 'shop til you drop' attitude certainly took over!
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 6 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 7 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
Kate Norbury said: "We are indebted to so many people- those who so generously gave their clothes and there were many designer originals and those who came to buy them. This year a really big thank you is due to the Robinsons for the wonderful venue and facilities of Edge Barton Manor."
There was such a great collection of clothes donated that not all could be sold on the night so the group has organised a 'Remainder Sale' on Thursday, October 15 from 3pm to 6pm in Branscombe Village Hall.