Branscombe group flush with success
FOUR women from Branscombe served up a sumptuous treat for villagers and visitors last week to help raise funds for new toilets at St Winifred s Church.
FOUR women from Branscombe served up a sumptuous treat for villagers and visitors last week to help raise funds for new toilets at St Winifred's Church.
Marie Dowell, Rosemary Pavey, Brenda Woodley and Mary Wilcox held a lunch in the village hall on Thursday and made �112 for the toilet fund.
Around 40 people attended the event, in which they were served sweet and sour pork followed by jam sponge and custard.
Marie said: "Most of the ladies in the village have organised a lunch and we just decided to do it all together!
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone is putting in the effort to raise money - the toilets are desperately needed.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb