Branscombe group flush with success
FOUR women from Branscombe served up a sumptuous treat for villagers and visitors last week to help raise funds for new toilets at St Winifred s Church.
FOUR women from Branscombe served up a sumptuous treat for villagers and visitors last week to help raise funds for new toilets at St Winifred's Church.
Marie Dowell, Rosemary Pavey, Brenda Woodley and Mary Wilcox held a lunch in the village hall on Thursday and made �112 for the toilet fund.
Around 40 people attended the event, in which they were served sweet and sour pork followed by jam sponge and custard.
Marie said: "Most of the ladies in the village have organised a lunch and we just decided to do it all together!
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone is putting in the effort to raise money - the toilets are desperately needed.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National