Branscombe group flush with success
FOUR women from Branscombe served up a sumptuous treat for villagers and visitors last week to help raise funds for new toilets at St Winifred s Church.
FOUR women from Branscombe served up a sumptuous treat for villagers and visitors last week to help raise funds for new toilets at St Winifred's Church.
Marie Dowell, Rosemary Pavey, Brenda Woodley and Mary Wilcox held a lunch in the village hall on Thursday and made �112 for the toilet fund.
Around 40 people attended the event, in which they were served sweet and sour pork followed by jam sponge and custard.
Marie said: "Most of the ladies in the village have organised a lunch and we just decided to do it all together!
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone is putting in the effort to raise money - the toilets are desperately needed.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 5 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 6 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 7 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 10 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays