Branscombe is flipping marvellous!
PANCAKE Day in Branscombe was flipping great if you go by the looks on the smiling faces of these primary school children. Over 180 pancakes were flipped or eaten by the youngsters, with the help of their parents, teachers and people from the village. The
PANCAKE Day in Branscombe was flipping great if you go by the looks on the smiling faces of these primary school children.
Over 180 pancakes were flipped or eaten by the youngsters, with the help of their parents, teachers and people from the village.
The annual Pancake Day races not only included the school children but mums, teachers and one dad!
Each child was given a certificate for taking part in the races and the winner of each contest was awarded a rosette.
You may also want to watch:
The races were fought out near the village hall and afterwards everyone enjoyed a giant feast fit for a king.
Mrs Crawford, a teacher at the school, said: "It was a lovely day. The event was well supported by the parents and people from the village.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
"The children had a really great time and they definitely enjoyed taking part in the pancake races.
"I would like to thank parents and the PTFA for taking the time to make the pancakes.