Branscombe is flipping marvellous!
PANCAKE Day in Branscombe was flipping great if you go by the looks on the smiling faces of these primary school children. Over 180 pancakes were flipped or eaten by the youngsters, with the help of their parents, teachers and people from the village. The
PANCAKE Day in Branscombe was flipping great if you go by the looks on the smiling faces of these primary school children.
Over 180 pancakes were flipped or eaten by the youngsters, with the help of their parents, teachers and people from the village.
The annual Pancake Day races not only included the school children but mums, teachers and one dad!
Each child was given a certificate for taking part in the races and the winner of each contest was awarded a rosette.
You may also want to watch:
The races were fought out near the village hall and afterwards everyone enjoyed a giant feast fit for a king.
Mrs Crawford, a teacher at the school, said: "It was a lovely day. The event was well supported by the parents and people from the village.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
"The children had a really great time and they definitely enjoyed taking part in the pancake races.
"I would like to thank parents and the PTFA for taking the time to make the pancakes.