Branscombe panto seeks more performers and other news
ranscombe panto is still in the process of being cast but more participants are always welcome. Read this and more
BEER IN BLOOM: The team behind Beer’s floral displays went to a regional presentation this week.
Ursula Makepeace represented the village at South West in Bloom in Weston-super-Mare.
PANTO AUDITIONS: Branscombe panto is still in the process of being cast but more participants are always welcome. Rehearsals take place on Thursdays at 7.30pm in the village hall.
You may also want to watch:
HARVEST FESTIVAL: St Winifred Church in Branscombe is holding a harvest festival from 11.15am, with a service involving the primary school.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
FILM: Danish historical drama A Royal Affair will be screened by the Beer Film Society at 7pm on October 8 at Steamers.
Entry is �4 for members or �5 for non-members.
PUMPKIN PARTY: Beer Social Club is getting geared up for the annual pumpkin party on September 29.
The heaviest pumpkin last year weighed in at 302lbs. Contestants will also compete to grow the heaviest beetroots or tomatoes.
RAINBOW RECRUITMENT: Daughters, granddaughters, nieces and friends are invited to an open evening with the Rainbows in Beer on Wednesday, September 26.
The hut reopened in early 2011 to great demand, but numbers have since dwindled and the organisation needs new members.
For more information on meeting times call Tracey on 07783 386971.
STAND-UP POETRY: Glastonbury festival favourite A.F. Harrold and Radio 4 regular Elvis McGonagall deliver poetry with comic timing at the Dolphin Hotel next Saturday (September 29).
Tickets (�10) are available from the venue.
The performance starts at 8pm. For more information call Richard Scott on 01297 24157.
BUILDING WORK: Plans have been approved for a housing modification in Beer.
There will be a single storey dining room extension at a property on Laurada Barline.