Branscombe Primary celebrates Ofsted report
BRANSCOMBE Primary staff and pupils were celebrating after Ofsted inspectors gave the school a glowing report. Two inspectors visited the school last month and their report has just been published. They say Branscombe Church of England Primary is a good s
BRANSCOMBE Primary staff and pupils were celebrating after Ofsted inspectors gave the school a glowing report.
Two inspectors visited the school last month and their report has just been published.
They say Branscombe Church of England Primary is a good school with outstanding features.
The report said: "Pupils of all abilities make good progress in their academic work and their personal development is outstanding."
You may also want to watch:
Lead inspector Janet Simms says pupils speak articulately about their enjoyment of school which is outstanding.
Children start school with skills which are in line with national expectations.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
But they are achieving standards which are significantly above average by the time they leave at 11.
She said: "They leave with excellent social awareness and high levels of confidence and maturity.
"A particular strength is pupils' excellent understanding of healthy lifestyles - especially the links between these aspects and sustainable living and environmental issues."
Ms Simms said children in the Early Years Foundation Stage achieve well and make good progress.
Katie Gray, headteacher, said: "I am delighted the inspectors highlighted how our children develop as mature and sensible young people with an impressive understanding of healthy lifestyles and environmental issues.
"I was also pleased they rated our teaching as good and found we ensured the children had an interesting and enjoyable time at school and achieved high standards.