Branscombe Sea Shanty hosts service
Songs of praise on Branscombe beach takes shelter at Sea Shanty
RAIN forced this month’s Branscombe Songs of Praise with Honiton Band to be held inside the Sea Shanty on Branscombe beach.
The service was taken by new vicar, the Reverend Hilary Dawson, aided by Brigadier Nigel Speller.
The Reverend Nigel Freathy said: “We are very grateful to the Sea Shanty staff for their kindness in accommodating us in this way and for providing such excellent refreshments afterwards.”
Some �72 was sent to the Horn of Africa Appeal - half the cash collection for that evening.
You may also want to watch:
Lessons were read by Neil Clayton and Paul Haines and the prayers were led by Sallie Herniman.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens