Branscombe Sea Shanty hosts service
Songs of praise on Branscombe beach takes shelter at Sea Shanty
RAIN forced this month’s Branscombe Songs of Praise with Honiton Band to be held inside the Sea Shanty on Branscombe beach.
The service was taken by new vicar, the Reverend Hilary Dawson, aided by Brigadier Nigel Speller.
The Reverend Nigel Freathy said: “We are very grateful to the Sea Shanty staff for their kindness in accommodating us in this way and for providing such excellent refreshments afterwards.”
Some �72 was sent to the Horn of Africa Appeal - half the cash collection for that evening.
You may also want to watch:
Lessons were read by Neil Clayton and Paul Haines and the prayers were led by Sallie Herniman.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz