Branscombe soup and pudding treat
THE annual Branscombe soup and pudding lunch raised �160 for the Women s Section of the Royal British Legion on Tuesday. Around 30 people attended the lunch in the village hall served up by seven members of the village s RBL ladies including Brenda Woodl
THE annual Branscombe soup and pudding lunch raised �160 for the Women's Section of the Royal British Legion on Tuesday.
Around 30 people attended the lunch in the village hall served up by seven members of the village's RBL ladies including Brenda Woodley, Rosemary Pavey, Audrey Maskrey, Eileen Avery and Marion Ivey.
Brenda said: "We didn't have any visitors, just local people but that's because of the time of year. Later in the year we will be expecting more.
"Everyone enjoyed themselves"
Marie Dowell, who was helping out on the day, said: "It went very well. There was a lovely atmosphere. It's a way of getting out and meeting your friends."
The second lunch of the year, banger and beans, will take place on May 27 in the village hall.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 8 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 9 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 10 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED