Branscombe soup and pudding treat
THE annual Branscombe soup and pudding lunch raised �160 for the Women s Section of the Royal British Legion on Tuesday. Around 30 people attended the lunch in the village hall served up by seven members of the village s RBL ladies including Brenda Woodl
THE annual Branscombe soup and pudding lunch raised �160 for the Women's Section of the Royal British Legion on Tuesday.
Around 30 people attended the lunch in the village hall served up by seven members of the village's RBL ladies including Brenda Woodley, Rosemary Pavey, Audrey Maskrey, Eileen Avery and Marion Ivey.
Brenda said: "We didn't have any visitors, just local people but that's because of the time of year. Later in the year we will be expecting more.
"Everyone enjoyed themselves"
You may also want to watch:
Marie Dowell, who was helping out on the day, said: "It went very well. There was a lovely atmosphere. It's a way of getting out and meeting your friends."
The second lunch of the year, banger and beans, will take place on May 27 in the village hall.
- 1 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 2 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 6 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 9 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
- 10 Art society gear up for return of exhibition