Branscombe Variety Night success
A FANTASTIC �1,100 was raised last week for charity as a host of performers took to the stage during a Variety Night in Branscombe. In aid of Sidmouth Living with Cancer Support Group, the first variety night of the year was a storming success and a sell
A FANTASTIC �1,100 was raised last week for charity as a host of performers took to the stage during a Variety Night in Branscombe.
In aid of Sidmouth Living with Cancer Support Group, the first variety night of the year was a storming success and a sell out.
Bill Lankester, co-founder of Living with Cancer, said: "The evening was one of the most enjoyable we have had at Branscombe and all of the performers were exceptional.
"Malcolm had us all falling off our seats with laughter, followed by Edwin Purchase who showed us that he can sing seriously with a rendition of Devon Glorious Devon. He certainly surprised many of us with his voice.
You may also want to watch:
"Toby Williams followed. He is an exceptional performer and his talent will surely take him to far bigger things. His own composition which has just been released on CD could even make the charts."
Throughout the evening the guests were treated to a two course meal followed by coffee and they were then entertained by singers Tina and Caroline from Dalwood followed by Ned and the Turmitt.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view