Branscombe welcome jazz!
A TALENTED jazz singer will be performing in Branscombe next month. Organised by Branscombe Village Hall Fundraising Committee in conjunction with Villages in Action, Louise Parker and her trio will be singing a wide range of music from jazz to soul great
A TALENTED jazz singer will be performing in Branscombe next month.
Organised by Branscombe Village Hall Fundraising Committee in conjunction with Villages in Action, Louise Parker and her trio will be singing a wide range of music from jazz to soul greats.
The arrangements are modern, fresh and impressively complex from a trio of fine musicians.
Louise is gaining a big reputation and a dedicated following. In 2006 she was tipped by the Evening Standard critic Jack Massarik as the most promising new jazz singer. And she was due to record with Humphrey Lyttelton in the summer of 2008, but he passed away before this could be completed.
You may also want to watch:
Louise has sung from an early age, her style developing and becoming strongly influenced by Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holliday.
She has added funky soul to her mix and with a hint of gospel from her Jamaican mother's side of the family, she has a richly textured selection to draw on.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
All proceeds will go the village hall's roof fund.
The concert will be held on Thursday May 7 in Branscombe Village Hall at 7.30pm. Tickets priced �11 (�8 for juniors) to include food.