Branscombe winter lunch cash for hospital support group
A SUCCESSFUL winter lunch in Branscombe raised �200 for the League of Friends of Seaton and District Hospital. Arranged by the Branscombe Ladies, who include Marie Dowell, Rosemary Pavey, Joy Hartnell and Brenda Woodley, the lunch went down a storm in the
A SUCCESSFUL winter lunch in Branscombe raised �200 for the League of Friends
of Seaton and District Hospital.
Arranged by the Branscombe Ladies, who include Marie Dowell, Rosemary Pavey, Joy Hartnell and Brenda Woodley, the lunch went down a storm in the busy village hall.
The group, with the help of Mary Wilcox and Eileen Avery, served a two course delicious meal, which included Irish stew dumplings and jam sponge and custard.
You may also want to watch:
Marie, who cooked the stew, said: "It went very well. About 36 to 40 people turned up. We weren't expecting as many people as that and we did fantastically well.
"It was nice to cook for a lot of people and was a change."
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
In the summer the Ladies of Branscombe raised money for a new television to be installed in Seaton Hospital.
Marie added: "We have all had to change to Seaton doctors in the last 12 months so we thought we would do something for the Seaton area."
After the success of the winter lunch, which was the first of its kind, it may now become an annual event.
"It was nice for all of us to meet people and is a way of getting together. There needs to be something for the village to have in the winter months," said Marie.