Branscombe is all set for first panto in three years
- Credit: Archant
The Branscombe Players return to panto land after a three-year break ahead of this year’s show Jack and the Beanstalk.
Writer and director Emily Miller has reworked the classic tale to feature a musical playlist for all ages, ranging from Bucks Fizz to Pharrell Williams.
Audiences are set to enjoy the panto staples of ‘he’s behind you’, a dame and pantomime animals including a cow that produces wine.
Stefan Miller from the group said: “It is a traditional Jack and the Beanstalk story, but there are some twists.”
Jack and the Beanstalk will take place on Friday, February 23, and Saturday, February 24, in Branscombe Village Hall. Doors open at 6.45pm for a 7.30pm start. Drinks are available from the bar.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £6.50 for adults and £3 for children and are on sale now by phoning Nic and Kay Smith on 01297 680593,
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride