Breakfast meeting in Sidmouth for homelessness support groups
Homelessness support groups are coming together in Sidmouth on Tuesday (November 7) to identify gaps in services and discuss pressures they are under.
Trailblazer Devon is hosting a breakfast meeting in the Sidmouth Sailing Club, from 9.15am until 11am.
The organisation is running a series of events to shape resources aimed at reducing the risk of homelessness.
A spokesman said: “We are keen to learn about gaps in services and pressures you face as well as your ideas about how these might be addressed and ideas you’d like to try out or see come to fruition in some way.
“You will know from direct experience what needs to be done locally to prevent homelessness for people and it is important to us that we understand these needs too.
You may also want to watch:
“You may also wish to help us understand areas for skill development and/or support needs of local professionals, including volunteers. This will help us shape a training package.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman