BREAKING: Arrest following Ottery assault
A 30-year-old man has been arrested following an assault in the Ottery area after a search by the police helicopter.
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police confirmed officers were called to an address in Talaton around 8am this morning to reports a 30-year-old woman had been assaulted by a man.
They began a search for the male suspect, who was known to the victim, and the police helicopter was dispatched to aid in the search for a black Volkswagen Golf.
The spokesman said the vehicle was spotted by an unmarked police vehicle on the A35 at around 10am, and the helicopter crew tracked the car from a distance.
He added: “It directed marked units on the ground to its position before the suspect’s vehicle was safely stopped on the A30 near to Ide around 15 minutes later.”
You may also want to watch:
The driver, a 30-year-old male, was then arrested and taken to Heavitree Road Police Station where he remains.
The victim has been taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital for treatment to minor injuries.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
Police confirmed their enquiries are ongoing.