BREAKING: Carbon monoxide hospitalises Ottery family

Fire engine

Fire engine - Credit: Archant

A family of seven from Ottery were rushed to hospital this morning for treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning.

The fire service was called to reports of a carbon monoxide alarm activating at a property in Hill View just after 7am.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said appliances from Ottery and Middlemoor were mobilised to the incident, and a gas engineer was also in attendance.

He said: “Upon arrival crews confirmed the family of seven had been evacuated to the fresh air, and were being taken to hospital as a precaution after being treated by ambulance personnel on scene.

“Crews obtained a reading [for carbon monoxide] which was found to be higher then the safe level.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus