BREAKING: Fire crews tackle house fire in West Hill
- Credit: Archant
Fire-fighters from across East Devon were called to West Hill in the early hours of this morning (Thursday) after they received reports of a building on fire.
Crews are still on the scene – a property near the crossroads of Oak Road and the B3180 – and expect to be there until at least noon today.
Police have closed the B3180 at the Daisymount roundabout and the Halfway Inn.
Crews from Ottery, Sidmouth, Middlemoor, Honiton and Exmouth attended the incident at around 3.30am.
On arrival, firefighters discovered a domestic garage well alight and this fire was spreading to a house.
You may also want to watch:
As of 6.56am, the fire was surrounded and contained to the roof of the house.
Updates to follow.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary