BREAKING: Fire crews tackle house fire in West Hill
- Credit: Archant
Fire-fighters from across East Devon were called to West Hill in the early hours of this morning (Thursday) after they received reports of a building on fire.
Crews are still on the scene – a property near the crossroads of Oak Road and the B3180 – and expect to be there until at least noon today.
Police have closed the B3180 at the Daisymount roundabout and the Halfway Inn.
Crews from Ottery, Sidmouth, Middlemoor, Honiton and Exmouth attended the incident at around 3.30am.
On arrival, firefighters discovered a domestic garage well alight and this fire was spreading to a house.
As of 6.56am, the fire was surrounded and contained to the roof of the house.
Updates to follow.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 8 Anniversary gives chance for a look back on three years in the valley
- 9 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 10 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth