BREAKING: Man falls from cliffs in Sidmouth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Emergency services race to unfolding incident
A MAN is being treated on Sidmouth beach after falling from cliffs at Peak Hill.
Emergency services, including the coastguard helicopter, are currently at the scene after a member of the public contacted police at around 2pm.
The casualty is currently being treated by an ambulance crew.
A force spokesman said officers had received a report that an ‘older’ man had ‘gone over the cliff at the top’ of Peak Hill.
You may also want to watch:
He added that the man was located in a gully around two-thirds of the way down the cliff and was suffering ‘suspected back pain and an obvious head injury’.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC