BREAKING: Man falls from cliffs in Sidmouth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Emergency services race to unfolding incident
A MAN is being treated on Sidmouth beach after falling from cliffs at Peak Hill.
Emergency services, including the coastguard helicopter, are currently at the scene after a member of the public contacted police at around 2pm.
The casualty is currently being treated by an ambulance crew.
A force spokesman said officers had received a report that an ‘older’ man had ‘gone over the cliff at the top’ of Peak Hill.
You may also want to watch:
He added that the man was located in a gully around two-thirds of the way down the cliff and was suffering ‘suspected back pain and an obvious head injury’.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music