Breaking News: Man rescued after trench in Sidmouth collapses
A MAN was rushed to hospital after a workmens trench collapsed in Sidmouth on Wednesday. Firefighters, ambulance crews, the Urban Search and Rescue Team and Devon Air Ambulance were called to Muttersmoor Road at about 3pm.
A MAN was rushed to hospital after a workmens trench collapsed in Sidmouth today (Wednesday).
Firefighters, ambulance crews, the Urban Search and Rescue Team and Devon Air Ambulance were called to Muttersmoor Road at about 3pm.
Crews immediately got to work to release the man who was in the collapsed trench which was covered by earth.
The casualty was conscious and communicating with the crews.
You may also want to watch:
He was eventually rescued using props, strops, ladders, lines, a mars resuscitator and scaffolding and taken to hospital at around 5pm.
The man's condition is not known at this time.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon