Breaking News: Man rescued after trench in Sidmouth collapses
A MAN was rushed to hospital after a workmens trench collapsed in Sidmouth on Wednesday. Firefighters, ambulance crews, the Urban Search and Rescue Team and Devon Air Ambulance were called to Muttersmoor Road at about 3pm.
A MAN was rushed to hospital after a workmens trench collapsed in Sidmouth today (Wednesday).
Firefighters, ambulance crews, the Urban Search and Rescue Team and Devon Air Ambulance were called to Muttersmoor Road at about 3pm.
Crews immediately got to work to release the man who was in the collapsed trench which was covered by earth.
The casualty was conscious and communicating with the crews.
You may also want to watch:
He was eventually rescued using props, strops, ladders, lines, a mars resuscitator and scaffolding and taken to hospital at around 5pm.
The man's condition is not known at this time.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 10 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season