Breaking News: Man rescued after trench in Sidmouth collapses
A MAN was rushed to hospital after a workmens trench collapsed in Sidmouth on Wednesday. Firefighters, ambulance crews, the Urban Search and Rescue Team and Devon Air Ambulance were called to Muttersmoor Road at about 3pm.
A MAN was rushed to hospital after a workmens trench collapsed in Sidmouth today (Wednesday).
Firefighters, ambulance crews, the Urban Search and Rescue Team and Devon Air Ambulance were called to Muttersmoor Road at about 3pm.
Crews immediately got to work to release the man who was in the collapsed trench which was covered by earth.
The casualty was conscious and communicating with the crews.
You may also want to watch:
He was eventually rescued using props, strops, ladders, lines, a mars resuscitator and scaffolding and taken to hospital at around 5pm.
The man's condition is not known at this time.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens