BREAKING NEWS: Sidford business park plan refused by district council
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Decision revealed today
Controversial plans for a 9.3-acre business park in Sidford have today been refused by East Devon Distirct Concil (EDDC).
A notification was published on the authority’s planning website this afternoon stating the proposals have been turned down.
A report by, Ed Freeman, EDDC’s service lead for planning strategy and development management, details reasons for the refusal.
These include the proposed business park’s impact on the landscape and wildlife and the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
You may also want to watch:
Concerns were also expressed over the road network around the site and a potential increase in traffic.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open