BREAKING NEWS: Sidford business park plan refused by district council
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Decision revealed today
Controversial plans for a 9.3-acre business park in Sidford have today been refused by East Devon Distirct Concil (EDDC).
A notification was published on the authority’s planning website this afternoon stating the proposals have been turned down.
A report by, Ed Freeman, EDDC’s service lead for planning strategy and development management, details reasons for the refusal.
These include the proposed business park’s impact on the landscape and wildlife and the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
You may also want to watch:
Concerns were also expressed over the road network around the site and a potential increase in traffic.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC