BREAKING NEWS: Sidford business park plan refused by district council
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Decision revealed today
Controversial plans for a 9.3-acre business park in Sidford have today been refused by East Devon Distirct Concil (EDDC).
A notification was published on the authority’s planning website this afternoon stating the proposals have been turned down.
A report by, Ed Freeman, EDDC’s service lead for planning strategy and development management, details reasons for the refusal.
These include the proposed business park’s impact on the landscape and wildlife and the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Concerns were also expressed over the road network around the site and a potential increase in traffic.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 8 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 9 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 10 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED