BREAKING: Ottery pair in hospital after A30 crash
A 48-year-old woman from Ottery is in hospital with ‘life-threatening multiple injuries’ after a serious two-car collision on the A30 at Clyst Honiton.
Police are appealing for witnesses after the crash near Exeter Airport at around 12.25am yesterday morning.
The incident has also put a driver in one of the vehicles, a 49-year-old man, also from Ottery, in hospital with serious injuries, according to officers.
A spokesman said it was believed a silver Vauxhall Astra was travelling west on the east-bound carriageway, when it collided head-on with a silver Seat Altea travelling in the opposite direction.
They said: “A 48-year-old female passenger in the Seat, who is from Ottery St Mary, was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital with life-threatening multiple injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“She is said to be in a critical condition.”
Anyone with information regarding the collision is asked to contact the Police on 101, quoting reference 21 of 211012.
- 1 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 2 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 7 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 8 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 9 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 10 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
See our website for updates on this story, and Friday’s edition of the Ottery Herald for the full details.