BREAKING: Ottery pair in hospital after A30 crash
A 48-year-old woman from Ottery is in hospital with ‘life-threatening multiple injuries’ after a serious two-car collision on the A30 at Clyst Honiton.
Police are appealing for witnesses after the crash near Exeter Airport at around 12.25am yesterday morning.
The incident has also put a driver in one of the vehicles, a 49-year-old man, also from Ottery, in hospital with serious injuries, according to officers.
A spokesman said it was believed a silver Vauxhall Astra was travelling west on the east-bound carriageway, when it collided head-on with a silver Seat Altea travelling in the opposite direction.
They said: “A 48-year-old female passenger in the Seat, who is from Ottery St Mary, was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital with life-threatening multiple injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“She is said to be in a critical condition.”
Anyone with information regarding the collision is asked to contact the Police on 101, quoting reference 21 of 211012.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
See our website for updates on this story, and Friday’s edition of the Ottery Herald for the full details.