BREAKING: Sidford Road closed following accident
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed Sidford Road near Sidmouth College after a 96-year-old pedestrian was involved in a collision with a car.
Police say the incident happened at 1.35pm this afternoon (Tuesday), with officers closing the road at Yardelands, on the junction of Sidford Road (A375), shortly after 2pm.
A force spokesperson said: “At 1.35pm an elderly female was involved in a collision with a car.”
The spokesperson added that the woman, who is from the Sidmouth area, was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter hospital.
As of 3.30pm the road was still closed.
You may also want to watch:
Updates to follow.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon