BREAKING: Sidford Road closed following accident
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed Sidford Road near Sidmouth College after a 96-year-old pedestrian was involved in a collision with a car.
Police say the incident happened at 1.35pm this afternoon (Tuesday), with officers closing the road at Yardelands, on the junction of Sidford Road (A375), shortly after 2pm.
A force spokesperson said: “At 1.35pm an elderly female was involved in a collision with a car.”
The spokesperson added that the woman, who is from the Sidmouth area, was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter hospital.
As of 3.30pm the road was still closed.
You may also want to watch:
Updates to follow.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences