BREAKING: Sidford Road closed following accident
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed Sidford Road near Sidmouth College after a 96-year-old pedestrian was involved in a collision with a car.
Police say the incident happened at 1.35pm this afternoon (Tuesday), with officers closing the road at Yardelands, on the junction of Sidford Road (A375), shortly after 2pm.
A force spokesperson said: “At 1.35pm an elderly female was involved in a collision with a car.”
The spokesperson added that the woman, who is from the Sidmouth area, was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter hospital.
As of 3.30pm the road was still closed.
You may also want to watch:
Updates to follow.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown