Brexit cake which ‘takes the pistachios’ goes on sale at Sidmouth cafe
- Credit: Archant
A unique ‘Brexit cake’ has gone on sale at a Sidmouth cafe and cakery this week.
The Clock Tower, in Connaught Gardens, in Peak Hill Road, has specially designed the cake for those who are being driven bonkers by politics.
The cake is being sold next to a sign that says 'Brexit Cake, based on the European recipe, combination of numerous fruit cakes, topped off with random balls, glutenless, clueless and hopeless, only available until October 31, unless extension requested. Nuts? Absolutely, we're taking the pistachios.'
Gill McThee, manager at The Clock Tower, said it was the idea of pastry chef Stewert Fraser, who owns the business with his wife Justine.
Gill said: "It is so topical. It is basically to lighten the mood and put a little humour into it, creating a talking point.
You may also want to watch:
"We have had really good feedback - lots of people think it is really funny and have been taking pictures. It is just such a farcical thing that is happening at the moment."
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman