Brexit cake which ‘takes the pistachios’ goes on sale at Sidmouth cafe
- Credit: Archant
A unique ‘Brexit cake’ has gone on sale at a Sidmouth cafe and cakery this week.
The Clock Tower, in Connaught Gardens, in Peak Hill Road, has specially designed the cake for those who are being driven bonkers by politics.
The cake is being sold next to a sign that says 'Brexit Cake, based on the European recipe, combination of numerous fruit cakes, topped off with random balls, glutenless, clueless and hopeless, only available until October 31, unless extension requested. Nuts? Absolutely, we're taking the pistachios.'
Gill McThee, manager at The Clock Tower, said it was the idea of pastry chef Stewert Fraser, who owns the business with his wife Justine.
Gill said: "It is so topical. It is basically to lighten the mood and put a little humour into it, creating a talking point.
You may also want to watch:
"We have had really good feedback - lots of people think it is really funny and have been taking pictures. It is just such a farcical thing that is happening at the moment."
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon