Brother talks green at Ottery church
The head of the Franciscan Brotherhood is leaving the friary and coming to Ottery to give a talk.
Brother Samuel, the Minister Provincial, will be speaking at Ottery Parish Church on Saturday from 7.30pm.
Organiser, and Ottery St Mary Parish Church’s Green Apostle, John Masters said: “Brother Sam is a truly inspirational speaker, and it is a privilege to have him speak in Ottery.
“Following on from last month’s successful recycling and environment exhibition, I know how keen local people are on environmental issues, and I am sure we will all be encouraged by Brother Sam’s talk.”
The talk will cover environmental issues, life at the Friary and how to live life in a more gentle and respectful way.
You may also want to watch:
All profits from ticket sales will go to the Hilfield Friary, Dorset. Tickets include a cheese and wine reception and cost �8.50 in advance or �10 on the door, and are available from the church office.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view