Brother talks green at Ottery church
The head of the Franciscan Brotherhood is leaving the friary and coming to Ottery to give a talk.
Brother Samuel, the Minister Provincial, will be speaking at Ottery Parish Church on Saturday from 7.30pm.
Organiser, and Ottery St Mary Parish Church’s Green Apostle, John Masters said: “Brother Sam is a truly inspirational speaker, and it is a privilege to have him speak in Ottery.
“Following on from last month’s successful recycling and environment exhibition, I know how keen local people are on environmental issues, and I am sure we will all be encouraged by Brother Sam’s talk.”
The talk will cover environmental issues, life at the Friary and how to live life in a more gentle and respectful way.
You may also want to watch:
All profits from ticket sales will go to the Hilfield Friary, Dorset. Tickets include a cheese and wine reception and cost �8.50 in advance or �10 on the door, and are available from the church office.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Let's have a jab at the protection racket as Covid debate continues
- 9 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance