Budding Ottery St Mary Tae kwon-do star wins bronze in World Championships
- Credit: Archant
‘Dedicated’ Leanne only took up sport 10 months ago
A budding Ottery tae kwon-do star has won a bronze medal in the World Championships – just 10 months after taking up the sport.
Leanne Tyler, 25, took on competitors from across the globe to secure her third place in the ladies’ yellow belt middleweight sparring division last month.
Ottery-based instructors Andy and Beth Taylor said they were very proud of the ‘dedicated student’ who they have taught from the start of her training.
The Tae kwon-do World Championships in Birmingham hosted 3,720 competitors from more than 20 countries across 30 rings - and Andy said Leanne rose to the challenge and was rewarded with a medal.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “She has been training for less than 12 months. We are very proud of her. She has been a dedicated student and very keen to learn and gives 100 per cent.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival