Budleigh picture auction appeal
Sidmouth art lovers asked to support auction to aid Cancer Research UK
GOOD quality pictures, in any kind of media, are being sought by the Budleigh Salterton branch of Cancer Research UK for a charity auction in December.
The enthusiastic group plans to hold this latest fund-raising venture at the Masonic Hall, Budleigh Salterton, on Saturday, December 3.
Sue Hunt, secretary of Budleigh branch said: “We are hoping that people will be generous and donate a picture that they actually like in memory of someone they have lost, or indeed in celebration of someone getting the all clear, which happens more and more nowadays.”
There will be a viewing on the day, which will be followed by the auction. All contributions will be professionally displayed and Christopher Hampton of Bearnes Hampton & Littlewood will auction the pictures.
If you have a work of art you would like to donate to help those affected by cancer, call Sue on (01395) 445369 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Sylvia Arlett at email@example.com.
Pictures can be collected.
- 1 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 2 Broadband firm apologises for late-night roadworks noise
- 3 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
- 4 Sidmouth greenkeepers fighting for the perfect bowling surface
- 5 'A rise in parking charges will hit locals hardest'
- 6 What makes Sidmouth the perfect place to live?
- 7 Major road in Sidmouth to close for THREE months
- 8 Mayor's New Year message and ideas sought for Jubilee celebrations
- 9 New pizza restaurant opens on Sidmouth seafront
- 10 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'