Budleigh picture auction appeal
Sidmouth art lovers asked to support auction to aid Cancer Research UK
GOOD quality pictures, in any kind of media, are being sought by the Budleigh Salterton branch of Cancer Research UK for a charity auction in December.
The enthusiastic group plans to hold this latest fund-raising venture at the Masonic Hall, Budleigh Salterton, on Saturday, December 3.
Sue Hunt, secretary of Budleigh branch said: “We are hoping that people will be generous and donate a picture that they actually like in memory of someone they have lost, or indeed in celebration of someone getting the all clear, which happens more and more nowadays.”
There will be a viewing on the day, which will be followed by the auction. All contributions will be professionally displayed and Christopher Hampton of Bearnes Hampton & Littlewood will auction the pictures.
You may also want to watch:
If you have a work of art you would like to donate to help those affected by cancer, call Sue on (01395) 445369 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Sylvia Arlett at email@example.com.
Pictures can be collected.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory