Bumper year for Beer RNLI
Beer RNLI is celebrating a bumper year of fundraising at its upcoming AGM after bringing in more than �50,000 for the charity.
The new sales kiosk at Jubilee Gardens above the beach achieved record sales of �39,000 last year, and more than �11,000 was made from events and collections in the district in 2011.
The Beer, Seaton and district branch of the RNLI will be celebrating this achievement at its AGM at the Dolphin Hotel on Fore Street on Tuesday, March 6 at 7.30pm.
Last week the branch secretary Wendy Cummins presented a certificate of thanks to the Tesco Seaton manager Ian Dyer after the RNLI raised more than �350 from a collection at the store in December
The branch puts on events in Branscombe, Beer, Seaton, Axmouth, Musbury, Whitford, Colyford and Colyton, and as the season approaches it is looking for new volunteers to help raise even more money this year.
You may also want to watch:
They need people to join the sales crew from April to October at the souvenir kiosk in Beer, as well as help out at events around the district, and anyone interested should call 01297 23040.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge