Bungalows built in Sidmouth for disabled
AS building work begins in Sidmouth for two specialist bungalows, East Devon District Council has announced it has been successful in its bid for a social housing grant. The development of two semi-detached bungalows in Manstone Avenue, due for completion
AS building work begins in Sidmouth for two specialist bungalows, East Devon District Council has announced it has been successful in its bid for a social housing grant.
The development of two semi-detached bungalows in Manstone Avenue, due for completion in spring 2010, has been designed for people with disabilities and is being funded by EDDC's Capital Plan and Section 106 money. Axminster will also see 12 new affordable homes, funded by the Homes and Communities Agency.
And now the Government has declared it will invest more than �1 million in a project, which, if matched by EDDC, will enable 17 new homes to be built in the district.
A Housing Summit, arranged by EDDC, was due to take place yesterday which looked at issues affecting the delivery of affordable housing in East Devon.
You may also want to watch:
Representatives from a number of organisations were meeting to identify potential barriers and stimulate ideas for increasing affordable housing.
Councillor Jill Elson, who is chairing the Housing Summit, said: "We need to be innovative in our approach to identify more suitable social housing and I'm delighted to be leading the summit looking at ideas to make this happen.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
"The bungalows at Manstone Avenue in Sidmouth, and the homes at Bonners Glen in Axminster are a positive way forward and the social housing grant from the Homes and Communities Agency will provide a much-needed boost to our plans.