Burglars steal gold coins from Sidford home
Two distinctive South African gold coins and four laptops were amongst the items stolen during a burglary at Sidford.
Police are appealing for witnesses after the home in Drakes Avenue was entered between 8.55am and 3.40pm on Friday, November 16.
Officers said the thieves managed to break in through a PVC door.
A spokesman said in addition to the small Kruger coins they took electrical items, jewellery and camera equipment.
He said: “It is likely that this was carried away in a distinctive black Sidmouth Rugby Club kit bag.”
You may also want to watch:
Among the electrical items were two Asus 11 inch ‘Shellbook’ laptops, an HP laptop and an ACER laptop.
Police are asking anyone who has been offered any of these items, or who has any information about the burglary to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111, quoting crime reference KS/12/601.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members