Burglars steal gold coins from Sidford home
Two distinctive South African gold coins and four laptops were amongst the items stolen during a burglary at Sidford.
Police are appealing for witnesses after the home in Drakes Avenue was entered between 8.55am and 3.40pm on Friday, November 16.
Officers said the thieves managed to break in through a PVC door.
A spokesman said in addition to the small Kruger coins they took electrical items, jewellery and camera equipment.
He said: “It is likely that this was carried away in a distinctive black Sidmouth Rugby Club kit bag.”
You may also want to watch:
Among the electrical items were two Asus 11 inch ‘Shellbook’ laptops, an HP laptop and an ACER laptop.
Police are asking anyone who has been offered any of these items, or who has any information about the burglary to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111, quoting crime reference KS/12/601.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge