Burglars target Tipton home in daylight raid
- Credit: Archant
Burglars made off with more than £5,000 worth of electrical equipment and jewellery from a house in Tipton St John over the weekend.
The incident on Saturday, May 17, happened at some point between noon and 6pm at a property in the Coombe Vale area of the village.
A police spokesman said the burglars gained entry to the house by climbing up on to the porch roof and climbing through a first floor window.
The perpetrators then left through the rear door, which they opened then locked again using keys found in the house.
Items taken include a MacBook Pro laptop worth £1,500, a Canon digital camera worth £2,700, a 41-inch Samsung flat screen television, a Google tablet computer and jewellery worth £400.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 and quote crime reference number CR/073854/14.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown