Burglary caught on CCTV
- Credit: Archant
Police are asking for residents to keep their eyes open for four unique rings following the burglary of a jewellery shop in Sidmouth.
The appeal has come after CCTV footage was released showing the culprit entering JBM Jewellers around 3.30am on Monday, January 19.
The burglar, a white male who was wearing a coat with a hoodie underneath and a baseball cap, smashed in the front door to the shop, in Church Street, using a thick granite slab.
The granite, which is believed to have come from the grounds of Sidmouth Parish Church, was left at the scene.
Once inside, the culprit smashed some of the cabinets before taking a quantity of gold jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Steve Harrington, of Honiton CID, said: “The jewellery contains a hallmark saying JBM, which is very distinctive. Anyone who is offered them [the rings] should contact us on 101.”
The rings each contain an opal and a number of diamonds on the sides.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
Anyone with information has been urged to contact police on 101, quoting reference: CR/004241/15.