Burst water main in Sidmouth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
South West Water engineers are currently carrying out urgent repairs in Glebelands and hope to have supplies restored by 2pm.
A burst water main has left households in Glebelands, Sidmouth without water.
South West Water were called shortly after 7am this morning (July 18), and has sent out engineers carry out urgent repairs,
A South West Water spokeswoman said the company has received eight calls from customers reporting no water and that the repair was estimated to be completed by 2pm.
She added: “Supplies in this area may be disrupted as we are currently doing urgent repairs.
You may also want to watch:
“We expect the disruption will last for around four to six hours and the water will be back on by 2pm
“We would like to thank you for your patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
She said affected customers are being updated via text message, social media and the South West Water website.