Burst water main in Sidmouth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
South West Water engineers are currently carrying out urgent repairs in Glebelands and hope to have supplies restored by 2pm.
A burst water main has left households in Glebelands, Sidmouth without water.
South West Water were called shortly after 7am this morning (July 18), and has sent out engineers carry out urgent repairs,
A South West Water spokeswoman said the company has received eight calls from customers reporting no water and that the repair was estimated to be completed by 2pm.
She added: “Supplies in this area may be disrupted as we are currently doing urgent repairs.
You may also want to watch:
“We expect the disruption will last for around four to six hours and the water will be back on by 2pm
“We would like to thank you for your patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
She said affected customers are being updated via text message, social media and the South West Water website.