Bus collision with car puts two in hospital
Two people were taken to hospital after a collision between a double-decker bus and a car outside Newton Poppleford.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were called to the incident at 6.30pm on Sunday on the A3052.
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said a Stagecoach bus and a black Honda Integra were involved in a collision which closed the road for around two hours.
An ambulance service spokesman said the two occupants of the car, a man and a woman in her 20s, were treated at the scene by paramedics for their injuries before being taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
He added that none of the passengers on board the double-decker bus had been injured.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth fire station commander Rob Crisp said an appliance had been sent to the scene, close to the turning for Hawkerland, to make sure the vehicles were safe.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 4 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 5 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 9 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 10 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy