Bus collision with car puts two in hospital
Two people were taken to hospital after a collision between a double-decker bus and a car outside Newton Poppleford.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were called to the incident at 6.30pm on Sunday on the A3052.
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said a Stagecoach bus and a black Honda Integra were involved in a collision which closed the road for around two hours.
An ambulance service spokesman said the two occupants of the car, a man and a woman in her 20s, were treated at the scene by paramedics for their injuries before being taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
He added that none of the passengers on board the double-decker bus had been injured.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth fire station commander Rob Crisp said an appliance had been sent to the scene, close to the turning for Hawkerland, to make sure the vehicles were safe.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations