Business awards celebrate hard work and enthusiasm
- Credit: Archant
The Sid Valley Business Awards 2018 is a chance for your business to claim a spot in the limelight.
Each week, two sponsors will be setting out why they chose to support the awards, and the difference they can make.
Thomas Westcott Chartered Accountants is supporting the pubs, restaurants and bars category. Partner Matt Portman said: “With the South West being the UK’s most popular holiday destination, it is clear that having establishments continually serving good quality food and drink benefits the whole area.
“Thomas Westcott has sponsored this category to shine a light on the extraordinary hard work and enthusiasm that these businesses give to the valley year-upon-year.
“They ensure that residents always receive a good service and visitors are well looked after when they arrive and leave keen to return.”
You may also want to watch:
EDIT is sponsoring the trade service category. Managing director Martin Crockett said awards were a way of celebrating businesses that stand out from the crowd.
“We wish all the entrants the very best in their categories and look forward to a fantastic event on the night,” he said.
- 1 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 2 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 6 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 7 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 8 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 9 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 10 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
To enter your business, collect an application form from Paragon Books, Potbury’s Funeral Service or Sidmouth Print in Sidmouth or The Rising Sun in Sidford.
A panel of judges will decide the winner in each of the nine categories and an overall winner from all 27 finalists – decided by a public poll – will be named ‘Sid Valley Business of the Year’.
The deadline for entries is Friday, October 20 and the awards ceremony takes place at the Victoria Hotel on Saturday, January 6.
The finalists will be announced in the Herald on Friday, November 17.