Business working party revived in Sidmouth and other news
Town councillors revived a business working party after Sidmouth was invited to apply for up to �100,000 by high street guru Mary Portas. Read this and more.
PORTAS INVITE: Town councillors revived a business working party after Sidmouth was invited to apply for up to �100,000 by high street guru Mary Portas.
The ‘Portas Pilots’ scheme cash is aimed at helping towns achieve a vision for their future.
Councillors who discussed the invite last Monday said the matter should be dealt with by Sidmouth’s Chamber of Commerce and Hospitality Association.
Civic leaders did, however, call a business working party for the first time in three years.
TRIO OF TREATS: A concert band, children’s orchestra and male voice choir have signalled their intent to respectively perform at Sidmouth’s Connaught Gardens in the summer.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 6 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 7 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 10 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
The Basingstoke Concert Band wants to perform at the venue on June 23. Exeter Children’s Orchestra hopes to land a spot there on July 7.
The Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir wants to stage concerts on August 7, 14, 21 and 28. Sidmouth Town Council had no objections to the events taking place.
ART FOR ELF: In The Picture, an exhibition and sale of original paintings by local artists, will take place at Kennaway House from 10am to 4pm next Saturday, March 24.
All proceeds from the event will go to the Exeter Leukaemia Fund (ELF).
Admission is free and there will be refreshments and a raffle.
EXTENSION HOPE: Plans for extensions and alterations to Saddlers Mead, in Sid Road, Sidmouth, won the backing of town councillors. The district council will decide the fate of proposals.
AMBULANCE TRUST: The next meeting of South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust will take place on Thursday, March 29 at 10am at the Trust’s headquarters in Eagle Way, Exeter.
Anyone is welcome to attend and ask questions, but it is important that these are posed in advance.
To confirm attendance and to put your questions forward, contact Melodie Juste, 01392 261506 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org