Businesses encouraged to sponsor Sidmouth’s Great Duck Derby
- Credit: Archant
A firm of Sidmouth solicitors is one of the proud businesses that will be taking part in the town’s Great Duck Derby.
Gilbert Stephens Solicitors, in the High Street, will be sponsoring 20 of the corporate red ducks at the event, on July 15.
The company is now urging others to follow suit.
In last year’s corporate race, the winning red duck earned its sponsor a first prize of £1,000, with second placed getting £600 and third winning £400.
The three winners of the corporate race will then each be able to nominate a local charity of their choice for their prize to go to.
You may also want to watch:
The traditional summer event is organised by the Lions Club of Sidmouth and features a full afternoon of events – including a combined flock of around 5,500 ducks racing down the River Sid.
Terry Bastyan, managing partner of Gilbert Stephens Solicitors said: “Not only is it a fun event for all the family but it also gives back by way of a charity donation for the winning companies.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 8 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching