Businesses encouraged to sponsor Sidmouth’s Great Duck Derby
- Credit: Archant
A firm of Sidmouth solicitors is one of the proud businesses that will be taking part in the town’s Great Duck Derby.
Gilbert Stephens Solicitors, in the High Street, will be sponsoring 20 of the corporate red ducks at the event, on July 15.
The company is now urging others to follow suit.
In last year’s corporate race, the winning red duck earned its sponsor a first prize of £1,000, with second placed getting £600 and third winning £400.
The three winners of the corporate race will then each be able to nominate a local charity of their choice for their prize to go to.
You may also want to watch:
The traditional summer event is organised by the Lions Club of Sidmouth and features a full afternoon of events – including a combined flock of around 5,500 ducks racing down the River Sid.
Terry Bastyan, managing partner of Gilbert Stephens Solicitors said: “Not only is it a fun event for all the family but it also gives back by way of a charity donation for the winning companies.”
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown