Businesses encouraged to sponsor Sidmouth’s Great Duck Derby
- Credit: Archant
A firm of Sidmouth solicitors is one of the proud businesses that will be taking part in the town’s Great Duck Derby.
Gilbert Stephens Solicitors, in the High Street, will be sponsoring 20 of the corporate red ducks at the event, on July 15.
The company is now urging others to follow suit.
In last year’s corporate race, the winning red duck earned its sponsor a first prize of £1,000, with second placed getting £600 and third winning £400.
The three winners of the corporate race will then each be able to nominate a local charity of their choice for their prize to go to.
You may also want to watch:
The traditional summer event is organised by the Lions Club of Sidmouth and features a full afternoon of events – including a combined flock of around 5,500 ducks racing down the River Sid.
Terry Bastyan, managing partner of Gilbert Stephens Solicitors said: “Not only is it a fun event for all the family but it also gives back by way of a charity donation for the winning companies.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences