Businesses encouraged to sponsor Sidmouth’s Great Duck Derby
- Credit: Archant
A firm of Sidmouth solicitors is one of the proud businesses that will be taking part in the town’s Great Duck Derby.
Gilbert Stephens Solicitors, in the High Street, will be sponsoring 20 of the corporate red ducks at the event, on July 15.
The company is now urging others to follow suit.
In last year’s corporate race, the winning red duck earned its sponsor a first prize of £1,000, with second placed getting £600 and third winning £400.
The three winners of the corporate race will then each be able to nominate a local charity of their choice for their prize to go to.
You may also want to watch:
The traditional summer event is organised by the Lions Club of Sidmouth and features a full afternoon of events – including a combined flock of around 5,500 ducks racing down the River Sid.
Terry Bastyan, managing partner of Gilbert Stephens Solicitors said: “Not only is it a fun event for all the family but it also gives back by way of a charity donation for the winning companies.”
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary