Sidmouth’s lucky dog Buster draws Mexico in world cup sweepstake
- Credit: Archant
Buster the lucky dog is going maracas for Mexico after he picked the team in the pub sweepstake and they pulled off the first big upset of the world cup tournament.
The Central American team stunned fans by beating World Cup holders Germany one-nil in their opening group match.
Naysayers at the pub were laughing that Buster’s winning streak was over when he picked the outsiders. But now some are wondering if the charmed canine may instead have lassoed the tournament’s dark horses.
Buster has enjoyed a formidable winning streak with the Rugby World Cup, the Grand National and an Xbox One in the Christmas raffle.
Owner Steve Clarke, of The Rendezvous in Fore Street, said: “Buster’s rattling his maraca. He’s very happy.”
You may also want to watch:
Mexico face South Korea tomorrow (Saturday).
Steve said: “Never give up on the Latin American sides. There’ll always be a surprise somewhere along the line.”
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients