Sidmouth’s lucky dog Buster draws Mexico in world cup sweepstake
- Credit: Archant
Buster the lucky dog is going maracas for Mexico after he picked the team in the pub sweepstake and they pulled off the first big upset of the world cup tournament.
The Central American team stunned fans by beating World Cup holders Germany one-nil in their opening group match.
Naysayers at the pub were laughing that Buster’s winning streak was over when he picked the outsiders. But now some are wondering if the charmed canine may instead have lassoed the tournament’s dark horses.
Buster has enjoyed a formidable winning streak with the Rugby World Cup, the Grand National and an Xbox One in the Christmas raffle.
Owner Steve Clarke, of The Rendezvous in Fore Street, said: “Buster’s rattling his maraca. He’s very happy.”
You may also want to watch:
Mexico face South Korea tomorrow (Saturday).
Steve said: “Never give up on the Latin American sides. There’ll always be a surprise somewhere along the line.”
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"