Busy Sidbury road to shut for a month
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
‘ESSENTIAL’ reconstruction work will shut the A375 at Sidbury Hill for a month.
The stretch will be resurfaced when it is closed from Monday, April 8, to Friday, May 10.
Drainage works are currently taking place on the road from Synderborough Farm to Knapplands - with temporary traffic lights and a convoy system in place to ensure the safety of the workforce on site.
The route was initially closed last September to enable work to start on the improvements and edge support work after two landslips on a different section of the road.
A shuttle bus service will serve normal stops in Sidbury and connect in Sidford with the diverted main buses to and from Sidmouth and Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council cabinet member for highways and transportation, said: “This is essential work which must be carried out as soon as possible, especially as the on-going wet weather has highlighted the importance of improved drainage provided in schemes like this. The reconstruction work during the closure will of course be weather dependent, but every effort will be made to complete the scheme and re-open the road as soon as possible.
“Although there may be some short term inconvenience, these further improvements will provide long term benefits for people that use this route. I’m also pleased that a shuttle bus service will be in place throughout the period of the closure to keep disruption to a minimum.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Southbound traffic will be diverted from Putts Corner via Seaton Road towards to Sidford and junction of High Street and School Street.
Northbound traffic will be diverted from High Street in Sidford, along the A3052 to the Bowd, through Ottery St Mary, along the old A30 towards Weston, eventually reaching the A375 Sidmouth Road to Putts Corner.