Byes sex claim sparks police chopper manhunt
Suspect allegedly fled cops in handcuffs
CLAIMS a foursome were engaging in sexual activity at a Sidmouth beauty spot sparked a police helicopter manhunt on Monday evening.
The force chopper scoured the town after a quartet of suspects – one in handcuffs - allegedly gave cops the slip after officers attempted to make arrests at the Byes, according to the constabulary.
A police spokesperson said a member of the public reported an alleged public decency offence - it was claimed involved two males and two females - at around 6.20pm.
The spokesperson added that the police helicopter was scrambled when the suspects allegedly fled from officers.
You may also want to watch:
The aircraft hovered above the Byes and the Temple Street area for around half an hour.
l A police spokesman said a 20-year-old man from Sidmouth, and a 28-year-old man from Plymouth, were arrested on suspicion of escaping lawful custody, and committing an act outraging public decency.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
He added that both were bailed until April, and that no further action will be taken against a female, from Exeter, who was also arrested.