Byes sex claim sparks police chopper manhunt
Suspect allegedly fled cops in handcuffs
CLAIMS a foursome were engaging in sexual activity at a Sidmouth beauty spot sparked a police helicopter manhunt on Monday evening.
The force chopper scoured the town after a quartet of suspects – one in handcuffs - allegedly gave cops the slip after officers attempted to make arrests at the Byes, according to the constabulary.
A police spokesperson said a member of the public reported an alleged public decency offence - it was claimed involved two males and two females - at around 6.20pm.
The spokesperson added that the police helicopter was scrambled when the suspects allegedly fled from officers.
You may also want to watch:
The aircraft hovered above the Byes and the Temple Street area for around half an hour.
l A police spokesman said a 20-year-old man from Sidmouth, and a 28-year-old man from Plymouth, were arrested on suspicion of escaping lawful custody, and committing an act outraging public decency.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
He added that both were bailed until April, and that no further action will be taken against a female, from Exeter, who was also arrested.