Cafe backs Sidmouth surf lifesavers again
- Credit: Archant
A coffee shop has once again given its backing to the thriving Sidmouth Surf Life Saving Club.
Jurassic Coast Coffee, trading as Costa Coffee, has supported the group since 2014 and chairman Dave Manley said it had been ‘instrumental’ in its growth.
This season, an £800 donation has enabled the club to maintain and replace its safety equipment.
Dave said: “With continued expanding membership, limited revenue income streams and increasing overheads, this year-on-year support is critical to the club’s continual success and survival.
“The loyalty and continued support of regular contributors like Costa Coffee Sidmouth is vital to ensure that the club continues to deliver safe and quality experiences to its members.”
You may also want to watch:
Julian Burton, the operations manager at Jurassic Coast Coffee, added: “We are very honoured and proud to continue our support of Sidmouth Surf Lifesaving Club.
“We hope that with the money provided the club continues to flourish and expand, providing a very valuable and worthy service to all their current and future members.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites