Call for donations ahead of 45th Salcombe Regis Fair
- Credit: Archant
The volunteers behind Salcombe Regis Fair are calling for donations of unwanted goods to sell as they mark the event’s 45th year.
The fair has netted more than £200,000 for good causes in that time and the incarnation on Thursday, June 1, will be no different – it will support the East Devon Parkinson’s Disease Support Group, Sidmouth Living with Cancer and the Admiral Nurse campaign.
There will be a raffle, games and competitions, arts and crafts, a large number of stalls, and the church will be hosting a wonderful flower display especially for the occasion.
There will, of course, be the renowned bric-a-brac area in the church car park, which sells everything from garden tools to television sets and from dinner plates to vacuum cleaners.
The committee has already been fundraising with a coffee morning at the house of Sheelagh Michelmore MBE that netted £282 to start things off.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with donations can call Mike Newman on 01395 513313 and Robin Laird on 01395 513948.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book