Call for musicians for Ottery Diamond Jubilee celebrations and other news
Musicians and entertainers are needed for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations in Ottery St Mary. Read this and more.
WINE TASTING: Ottery wine merchant Christopher Piper is holding a wine tasting event in West Hill Village Hall, at 7.30pm on Friday, March 23, for the Honiton and Ottery Association of the National Trust. Tickets cost �9, and are available from Richard Coley on 01404 813163.
JUBILEE: Musicians and entertainers are needed for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations in Ottery St Mary. Organisers of the party on the Land of Canaan on Monday, June 4, are looking for people to entertain the crowds. Anyone interested should contact Phyllis at the Ottery Information Centre on 01404 813964. To keep abreast of the jubilee celebrations in the town, there is a new website, and pages on Facebook and Twitter with a detailed program and contact details at sites.google.com/site/otteryqueensjubilee/home.
OVER 60’S CLUB: The Ottregians Over 60’s Club is holding its annual meeting in the Institute on Thursday, March 29 at 2pm
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 Property of the Week: Livonia Road
- 6 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 7 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 8 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 9 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 10 Strong demand for properties continues into the new year
LUNCH: The Wayfarers Lunch at West Hill Village Hall takes place tomorrow from noon. Tickets cost �8.50, contact 01404 813606 for details.