Call for Ottery skateboard park volunteers and other news
Ottery’s new skateboard and BMX park is in urgent need of volunteers to help with the maintenance and running of the facility. Read this and more.
CHURCH BIRTHDAY: Ottery’s United Reformed Church is celebrating its 350th anniversary next week.
There will be a special service to mark the occasion on Sunday, August 26, and the speaker will be Reverend Hugh Cross, who will speak about the origins of the church and the persecution of its founder, Robert Collins.
SKATE VOLUNTEERS: Ottery’s new skateboard and BMX park is in urgent need of volunteers to help with the maintenance and running of the facility.
You may also want to watch:
If you can help out in any way to keep the park in top condition then contact Elli Pang on 01404 812268.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
RECORD DOG WALK: Greyhound owners are needed by Escot Park for its attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the largest single breed dog walk.
Local charity The Greyhound Sanctuary hopes to attract more than 1,000 of the dogs, breaking the previous record of 700 Labradors in Warsaw and raise money for greyhound rescue centres.
The event will take place in September and will cost �5 to take part and promises to be a fun day out.
CAR BOOT: There will be a car boot sale to raise money for Ottery St Mary carnival on Sunday, August 26, from 10am to 1pm.
It is to be held in the car park of the Coleridge Medical Centre, Canaan Way, next to the Ottery fun day being held next door on the Land of Canaan from noon.
It will cost �5 for sellers.