Call for Ottery skateboard park volunteers and other news
Ottery’s new skateboard and BMX park is in urgent need of volunteers to help with the maintenance and running of the facility. Read this and more.
CHURCH BIRTHDAY: Ottery’s United Reformed Church is celebrating its 350th anniversary next week.
There will be a special service to mark the occasion on Sunday, August 26, and the speaker will be Reverend Hugh Cross, who will speak about the origins of the church and the persecution of its founder, Robert Collins.
SKATE VOLUNTEERS: Ottery’s new skateboard and BMX park is in urgent need of volunteers to help with the maintenance and running of the facility.
If you can help out in any way to keep the park in top condition then contact Elli Pang on 01404 812268.
- 1 A375 roadworks to restart in September
- 2 'Leave our banners alone!'
- 3 Urgent appeal for collectors as Sidmouth Airshow approaches
- 4 Otterhayes home rated 'good' after improving 'in leaps and bounds'
- 5 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 6 National Trust Supporters' Group outing
- 7 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
- 8 Jeeves and Wooster play was 'perfect nonsense'
- 9 Garden and crafts show makes successful comeback
- 10 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
RECORD DOG WALK: Greyhound owners are needed by Escot Park for its attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the largest single breed dog walk.
Local charity The Greyhound Sanctuary hopes to attract more than 1,000 of the dogs, breaking the previous record of 700 Labradors in Warsaw and raise money for greyhound rescue centres.
The event will take place in September and will cost �5 to take part and promises to be a fun day out.
CAR BOOT: There will be a car boot sale to raise money for Ottery St Mary carnival on Sunday, August 26, from 10am to 1pm.
It is to be held in the car park of the Coleridge Medical Centre, Canaan Way, next to the Ottery fun day being held next door on the Land of Canaan from noon.
It will cost �5 for sellers.