Call for Sid Valley groups and businesses to have say before consultation deadline
- Credit: Archant
Survey to help shape future development closes on Monday, October 31
Clubs, businesses and organisations have just a few days left to submit views to help inform future developments in the Sid Valley.
The creation of a neighbourhood plan is gaining steam with active involvement from a wide cross-section of the community, but any groups who have not yet responded are still urged to have their say.
Once adopted, the Sid Valley Neighbourhood Plan will influence and shape future developments in Sidmouth, Sidford, Sidbury and Salcombe Regis for the next 20 years and beyond.
Steering group chair Deidre Hounsom said: “The Sid Valley community has responded enthusiastically to the survey of business and special interest groups.
You may also want to watch:
“We are still receiving calls from organisations to check that they qualify which is really encouraging. It shows that the people really do have ideas and visions they would like to put forward, as well as concerns on a range of planning issues.”
Following this stage of consultation, members of the steering group leading the project have two months to analyse responses and begin writing the final residents’ survey which will incorporate key themes and topics that have emerged.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
The next consultation is due to be launched early in 2017.
The deadline for the business and special interest groups survey is midnight on Monday, October 31. It is available online or can be downloaded via www.surveymonkey.com/r/Sidplan.