Call for walkers from Wildlife Trust
A LOCAL wildlife charity is making a final call for people to take part in its first annual sponsored walk in aid of Devon s wildlife.
A LOCAL wildlife charity is making a final call for people to take part in its first annual sponsored walk in aid of Devon's wildlife.
Walk for Wildlife is being organised by the Devon Wildlife Trust to raise funds for its Exeter Wild City project which is set to radically improve the prospects of the city's wildlife and urban green spaces.
The event is being held on Saturday, September 12 and is open to individuals, groups or families.
There is a choice of three routes, 1.5 miles, 3.5 miles and five miles, all of which take in the sites and sounds of the River Exe and Valley Parks in the heart of Exeter.
You may also want to watch:
On the day, there will be opportunities to stop on route and find out more about wildlife that can be found with expert guidance from Devon Wildlife Trust staff.
Exeter Wild City Project Manager Ralph Mackridge said: 'Our towns and cities are often overlooked as places where wildlife can thrive. The Exeter Wild City project aims to help people find out where they can see and enjoy wildlife without having to leave the city.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
"This event is not only a great excuse to get out and explore the Valley Parks but will also raise valuable funds for the charity to develop its work in the city for the benefit of both wildlife and local people.'
Cat Jones, Walk for Wildlife event organiser said: "We are aiming to raise over �3,000 for our work in the area so we hope hundreds of people will take up the challenge and enjoy a great day out."
For more information about the event or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 279244.