Call to clean up Sidmouth and other news
Organisers of Spruce Up Sidmouth (SUS) have appealed for residents’ help to bag the town national floral recognition. Read this and more.
SPRUCE UP: A budding campaign to Spruce Up Sidmouth (SUS) will come to fruition next week - and organisers have appealed for residents’ help to bag the town national floral recognition.
Sidmouth in Bloom leaders have issued a call to arms and urged householders to grab hoes, brooms and buckets and target scruffy central spots that could do with tidy-up.
Volunteers are being sought to help clean up places like Market Place, seafront shelters, Fore Street and High Street on Wednesday and Thursday, July 11 and 12.
Anyone willing to help can meet in Market Place at 10am on either day.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Councillor Stuart Hughes will be wielding a paint brush and targeting scruffy bollards and finger-posts after securing eight litres of paint from the county council for the job.
Anyone interested in helping spruce up Sidmouth can contact Lynette on 01395 578081.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall
FREE GUINEA PIG: A guinea pig has been offered free to a good home after he had to be separated from others at his home. The eight-month-old male pet needs access to a garden, rather than his temporary hutch. Call 01395 515695 for details.
DONKEY CAR BOOT: The Donkey Sanctuary is hosting a car boot sale on July 21, between 9am and 12 noon.
KNIT AND NATTER: The Donkey Sanctuary is hosting a knitting session suitable for novices and enthusiasts alike at its Weston headquarters on July 18, between 1pm and 2.30pm. These gatherings are the perfect opportunity for beginners to pick up the basics and more advanced knitters to tackle new and more complicated projects, said the organisers. For further details and to book call 01395 573156.
JAZZ: There will be a Jazz and Poetry Evening at the Blue Ball Pub in Sidford on Sunday featuring Chris Gradwell and Andrew Daldorph. Tickets cost �8 and are available from 07583 796855.